Summer birds on Mt. Futatabi

[ f6.3 ss1/640 iso800 +3.0ev ]


Date: One day in May, 2022
Location: Mt. Futatabi, Kobe City


One fine day in early May, I went birding on Mt. Futatabi seeking summer birds.

Mt. Futatabi is a 470-meter-high low mountain in Kobe City, and is one of the most popular hiking courses in Kobe. This mountain is also a popular spot for bird photographers because many summer birds, such as Blue-and-white Flycatcher ("Oruri" in Japanese) and Narcissus Flycatcher ("Kibitaki" in Japanese), come to this mountain every year.

I climbed the mountain for the first time in about half a year. After passing Nunobiki Waterfalls and arriving at Nunobiki Reservoir, I heard the beautiful singing of Blue-and-white Flycatcher. I looked carefully at the top of the tree where the song was coming from and saw a beautiful blue bird singing. I couldn't take a good picture because of the backlight and the distance, but I was very happy to see the bird that I was looking for.

[ f6.3 ss1/1500 iso800 +2.3ev ]


After hiking up the mountain for a while, we arrived at a temple called Dairyu-ji, where I heard the singing of a Narcissus Flycatcher. As I walked toward the singing, a beautiful orange-colored bird suddenly appeared in front of me.

[ f5.6 ss1/500 iso2000 -1.0ev ]


In the end, I went down the mountain without climbing to the top. On the way down, we saw many wild birds such as Japanese White-eyes and Japanese Tits.

[ f5.6 ss1/500 iso1000 -1.0ev ]

I was a little tired after climbing the mountain for the first time in a long time, but I was satisfied with the birding because I was able to take pictures of summer birds.


camera: fujifilm xs10
lens: tamron sp 150-600mm f5-6.3


場所:神戸市中央区再度山
野鳥:オオルリ、キビタキ、シジュウカラ、ヤマガラ、メジロ、スズメ、ハクセキレイ、セグロセキレイ、ドバト、キジバト、ハシボソガラス


コメント