Happy birding in a nearby field

 

[ f5.6 ss1/1500 iso400 +1.0ev ]

Date: One day in February, 2022
Location: Nishi-ku, Kobe City


One cold day in February, I went birding in a nearby field as usual. It was a cloudy, windy, and very cold day. 

As I walked along the rice field path instead of the usual riverside path, I heard the busy singing of wild birds. I looked carefully at the rice fields and found a Eurasian Skylark ("Hibari" in Japanese). The Eurasian Skylark is a very hard bird to spot in the rice fields because of its humble color.

[ f5.6 ss1/500 iso500 -0.3ev ]

I stopped by Temple T again this day, where two Red-flanked Bluetails ("Ruribitaki" in Japanese) allowed me to take many pictures of them. Like me, they looked cold.

[ f5.6 ss1/500 iso800 ±0ev ]

On the way back, I found two Japanese White-eyes ("Mejiro" in Japanese) walking and eating on the ground. Since it was eating, they were less cautious and allowed me to get closer shots than usual.

[ f5.6 ss1/1500 iso400 -0.7ev ]
It was a very satisfying day for me.

camera: fujifilm xs10
lens: canon ef 400mm f5.6


場所:神戸市西区
野鳥:ジョウビタキ、ルリビタキ、メジロ、スズメ、ヤマガラ、ヒバリ、ホオジロ、アオジ、ヒヨドリ、ムクドリ、シロハラ、ドバト、ハシボソガラス、コサギ、カルガモ、オカヨシガモ、イカルチドリ


コメント